Last Updated: June 1, 2020
At this time, Atkins Expert Sinus Care is open for business. We are offering office visits as well as telemedicine appointments. My staff and I will continuously monitor the local COVID-19 situation and make adjustments as needed. My practice will comply with any city, state, or federal recommendations and policies regarding our practice to keep our patients and staff safe and healthy.
As a reminder, my office does not see patients with fever. Our providers treat patients with chronic sinusitis and allergies, which typically do not present with a temperature.
My office DOES NOT test for flu or strep. If you think you have the flu or strep throat call your primary care provider. If you have reason to believe you may have COVID-19 or been exposed to COVID-19, please call San Antonio Metropolitan Heath or your primary care doctor.
COVID-19 OFFICE VISIT PROTOCOL
1. You will be checking in for your appointment from your car. When you arrive in our parking area please text 210-607-4687 (or call if you are not able to text) to let us know you have arrived.
2. Our receptionist will call you to collect any balance or co-pay due and verify that you have not been sick, exposed to COVID-19 or recently traveled out of the US.
3. We will have you wait in your car until it is time for you to come into the office. We will text you when it is time for you to come inside for your appointment.
4. At this time ONLY patients are allowed in the office. All family members and guests must remain outside.
5. We ask that patients wear a face mask or face covering when entering the office. Our receptionist will greet you, verify that you do not have a fever, and ask you to use our hand sanitizer.
6. Currently we have in-office appointments available with Dr. Atkins or PA Mike. Please note that if you are seeing PA Mike, Dr. Atkins is available to consult with you at any time via telemedicine.
7. You can check-out and schedule your next appointment in the office or to expedite your departure we can call or text you.
We are working around the clock to keep you safe and make it easier for you to get the treatment you need.
I appreciate your flexibility and patience during this rapidly evolving time. My office will provide as much notice as possible regarding clinic and schedule changes.
God be with you,